30-Minute Baked Cod Recipe With Herbed Panko Crust: This Easy Cod Recipe Is a Lifesaver by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Seafood is a beautiful blank slate. You can add a variety of seasonings, herb breadcrumbs or citrus toppings to enhance the flavor of the fish – and the complete finished texture of the dish! This delicious baked cod recipe is super fast and easy! Serve alone or over your favorite sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 28 to 30 minutes
- 4 cod fillets (any bones removed)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups panko or herb seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 sprig dill, minced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 - 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped fine (divided)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Spray a high-sided baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- In a small bowl combine the panko, parsley, dill, half the chives, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Add enough of the melted butter to make everything stick together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish in the baking dish allowing a little room in between. Season with salt and pepper and some lemon juice. Place a mound of the herbed panko mixture on each filet and pat down firmly.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the fish is opaque white and flaky and or your thermometer reads at 145 degrees F when inserted. Serve with lemon wedges.
Pro Tip: When preparing any fish filets with panko, the moisture from the fish has a tendency to make breadcrumbs or panko toppings soggy. There are a couple of ways to keep the panko nice and crispy. Always add a little melted butter to the mixture. The butter will help the panko brown nicely and hold the crunch. Also, be sure to bake at high heat, at least 425 degrees F. And don't walk away from the oven. Fish bakes fast and can dry out quickly.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Aluminum Foil $2 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Herb Seasoned Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Meat Thermometers $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.