Cabbage Diet Soup Recipe: A Tasty Weight-Loss Cabbage Soup Recipe by 30Seconds Food
It is said that eating cabbage soup may help you lose weight. Experts aren't so sure about this diet because you follow it for one week, which they say may not be long enough for weight loss that sticks.
What do we think? We think this cabbage soup recipe is delicious and nutritious, so it sounds like you really can't lose.
Have you done the cabbage soup diet? Tell us in the comments section below how it worked for you.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the celery, onion, carrots and bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and cabbage. Simmer gently until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Dried Basil $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.