Creamy Amish Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe Is a Spoonful of Comfort When You Need It Most by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups wild rice blend or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granulates
- 1 box (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 - 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 6 cups milk (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the celery, onion, rice, bouillon, broth and water into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until the rice has absorbed almost all the liquid. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepot. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring. Slowly pour in 4 cups of the milk and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the rice. Stir.
- Pour in the remaining 2 cups of milk. Simmer gently about 30 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wild Rice Blends $4 & Up
Brown Rice $2 & Up
Chicken Bouillon Granules $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Large Soup Pots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.