Fabulous Zuppa Toscana Recipe With Bacon (Bacon Makes This Soup Recipe Even Better) by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 strips thick bacon, chopped (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- 1 pound Italian sausage, bulk or removed from casings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 4 large red or white potatoes, diced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 2 - 3 cups chopped kale
Here's how to make it:
- Put the bacon into a large soup pot and cook about 5 minutes or until it renders its fat and begins to brown. Add the crumbled sausage to the pot and continue to cook until sausage and bacon are browned and beginning to get crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, water, potatoes and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the kale and cream. Cook for another 5 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with additional bacon, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.