Easy Mandarin Orange Custard Recipe Is Irresistibly Creamy by 30Seconds Food
You could pour the custard into a baked tart shell if you'd prefer that. You really can't go wrong. This creamy mandarin custard will keep in the refrigerator for about three to four days. If you can't find fresh mandarins, you could substitute tangerines.
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup mandarin juice
- 2 teaspoons mandarin orange zest
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- fresh mandarin orange segments, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cream and sugar in a a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, whisking, to dissolve the sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the mandarin orange juice, zest, lemon juice and extract. Pour the custard into a round quiche dish or other shallow round baking dish. Cover and put into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to chill.
- When ready to serve, decorate the top with mandarin orange segments. Spoon into individual bowls.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Quiche Baking Dish $12 & Up
Shallow Round Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Citrus Juicers $10 & Up
Mandarin Juice $10 & Up
Almond Extract $4 & Up
Vanilla Extract $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.