3-Ingredient Fruit Leather Recipe: A Wholesome Fruit Snack Recipe for the Whole Family by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Let kids snack on this healthy fruit leather or pack it in their lunchboxes. Adults love it, too, so throw a few in your purse or lunch bag!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 6 hours to dehydrate
Total Time: 4 to 6 hours
- 3 cups fresh organic fruit, your choice
- 2 - 3 tablespoons local wild honey (you can substitute sugar or sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Prepare three 12x18-inch baking sheets, backside up, with silicone baking mats. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in a standing blender or food processor. Process until smooth. If you have a non-textured eater, strain the liquid through a mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Divide the fruit mixture into each pan, about 1 cup each.
- Using an offset spatula, create a very thin layer on each baking sheet.
- Dehydrate in your oven for 4 to 6 hours, or until fruit leather is no longer sticky, which will vary depending on your oven and humidity level in your area. Rotate the pans between oven racks and turn every hour until cooked. Test by touching with your fingertip.
- Remove from the oven. Cool and transfer fruit leather to a cutting board. Slice into desired sizes or shapes and wrap in parchment paper, wrapping or wax paper. Store in an airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
12x18-inch Baking Sheets $10 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Sugar Substitutes $4 & Up
Silicone Baking Mats $10 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.