4-Ingredient Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe: What's Not to Love About This 20-Minute Recipe? by Ann Marie Patitucci
- It’s absolutely delicious. I love pasta (I’m Italian, after all), chicken is my favorite protein and I’m obsessed with pesto. What’s not to love?
- This spaghetti recipe is so easy to make!
- It’s on the table in 20 minutes. I so appreciate a recipe that doesn’t keep me in the kitchen for hours, especially on hectic work and school nights.
- This pesto pasta recipe is versatile. Use pesto to taste. If you’d like a meatless Monday, skip the chicken. Love pine nuts or cashews? Add them! Want to add vegetables? Add tomatoes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) penne or spaghetti (or your favorite pasta)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup plus 8 tablespoons basil pesto (homemade pesto or store-bought pesto)
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Boil the pasta in salted water to al dente. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- While the pasta boils, spread pesto on chicken fillets (all sides, about 2 tablespoons of pesto per chicken breast). Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until completely cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate. Cut the chicken into pieces, if desired.
- Add pesto mixture to the cooked pasta with 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss over low heat until well combined. Divide pasta among serving bowls.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.