Cinnamon Nutmeg Muffins Recipe: Cinnamon Bread in Muffin Form by Melissa Vickers
I love making muffins! I can make a batch, enjoy them fresh and warm, and freeze some for another time. This cinnamon nutmeg muffin recipe actually started as cinnamon bread, but that takes too long, and I’d rather have a muffin anyway!
And in homage to my mom, I added a little nutmeg to the cinnamon. She rarely cooked with cinnamon as she had digestive issues if she got into too much. So she’d substitute nutmeg for the cinnamon. It gives it a slightly different zing, and I like to mix it with the cinnamon. So stop by and join me for some tasty muffins!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Here’s how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla and oil. Gradually add dry mixture to wet, blending until just moist. Fill muffin tins about 2/3 to 3/4 full with the batter.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/3 cup sugar. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of this mixture on each muffin. Take a small knife and swirl throughout the muffin, leaving some on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: If you prefer bread, this recipe makes one loaf of cinnamon bread. Bake for 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $4 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Muffin Tins $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.