20-Minute Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe Screams Fall by 30Seconds Food
'Tis the season for all things pumpkin! Most of us love alfredo sauce, but just wait until you add healthy pumpkin to the mix. This creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta recipe is on the table in 20 minutes and is so easy to make.
You could substitute your favorite pasta for the penne. Fettuccine, tortellini, ravioli, spaghetti noodles, rotini or even angel hair would be delicious is this dish. For crunch, garnish with some pine nuts.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 16 ounces penne pasta or your favorite pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add the shallot. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in the cream and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cook 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss. Add some of the cooking water to loosen, if desired. Serve with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.