Barbecue Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe: A Healthy, Crunchy Fall Snack Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
- They are rich in many antioxidants, which protect our cells from disease-causing damage and reduce inflammation in our bodies.
- They are a great source of dietary fiber.
- They are high in magnesium. Magnesium helps regulate blood sugar levels, lowering your diabetes risk.
- Laboratory studies show they can stop the growth of breast and prostate cancer cells. They also induce apoptosis or cancer cell death.
I’ve made roasted pumpkin seeds in a variety of different ways over the years. This barbecue pumpkin seeds recipe is my current favorite recipe. They're perfect for snacking!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet and smoky barbecue sauce (or your favorite barbecue sauce)
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine pumpkin seeds, barbecue sauce and olive oil together in a bowl. Spread seeds in an even single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 7 to 9 minutes, until toasted, watching carefully to avoid burning. Remove from baking sheet and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.