Giada De Laurentiis' 20-Minute Lemon Spaghetti Recipe With Mushrooms by Donna John
Giada De Laurentiis' lemon spaghetti with shrimp was on the menu on a Las Vegas trip years ago. It was just as I expected: creamy, lemony and luscious. But sometimes you want a vegetarian lemon spaghetti (sorry, shrimp). Her quick lemon spaghetti recipe is amazing, but with my addition of sautéed mushrooms, it's over-the-top good.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon plus 2/3 cup olive oil (divided)
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk together the 2/3 cup olive oil, Parmesan and lemon juice.
- Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Stir in the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil, if desired. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.