Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Recipe Tastes As Good As It Sounds by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
The secret to this moist and delicious banana bread baked oatmeal is six very overripe bananas (the more overripe they are, the sweeter they become), and two types of chocolate chips (semisweet and milk chocolate). Adding so much sweet banana goodness means you need less sugar, and you get a moister texture.
My husband (my official taste tester) could not stop saying “Mmm!” as he ate this decadent baked oatmeal for breakfast, so this banana bread recipe just went to the top of my “weekend baking therapy” list!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used gluten-free quick-cooking oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 very overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup milk or nut milk (I used almond milk; you may need to add more or less milk to achieve desired consistency)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Coat two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, blend bananas, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. To the second bowl, add butter and brown sugar, stirring until blended in. Add eggs, one at a time, to the wet mixture. Combine wet mixture and dry mixture, and stir until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Pour batter into the two loaf pans. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven. Use the toothpick test if needed, to see if it comes out clean. Allow to cool in the loaf pans for a few minutes, to avoid crumbling.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $7 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Oats $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Milk Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $4 & Up
Gluten-free Oats $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.