6-Ingredient Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe Is a One-Pan Dinner Winner (No Dairy, No Oil) by Donna John
Another six-ingredient recipe? Yep! These easy chicken breasts are simmered in a simple coconut curry sauce – and there's no dairy or oil in the recipe. With minimal ingredients and cooking time, this one-pan recipe was quickly put into my recipe rotation.
Serve this coconut curry chicken recipe over rice for a quick dinner. A side of broccolini, sugar snap peas, snow peas or your favorite vegetable would round out the meal. It's also great for meal prepping.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk, shaken
- 3 green onions, chopped (plus for more garish)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut milk in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brown on both sides. Remove to a plate.
- Put another tablespoon of coconut milk into the pan. Add the green onions and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger, lime juice and zest and red curry paste. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Put the chicken back into the pan with the sauce. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken. Garnish with additional chopped green onions.
Note: Because it's just the two of us, I only used two chicken breasts, but did not cut the sauce in half.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.