Baked Latin Chicken Empanadas Recipe (Empanadas de Pollo) by 30Seconds Food
Empanadas are baked or fried turnovers that have a savory filling. This Latin chicken empanada recipe has a filling made with shredded chicken, onions, peppers, green olives and seasonings. Delicious.
If you can't find store-bought empanada dough rounds, you could use pizza crust or make a homemade empanada dough recipe. Serve these baked chicken turnovers with a salad for dinner or lunch, or as a snack or appetizer.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: About 2 hours
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 egg
- 12 store-bought empanada dough rounds
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken, broth, paprika and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the olives. Remove from the heat and cool slightly before refrigerating to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Put the egg into a small bowl and beat.
- Fill the empanada dough rounds with the cooled mixture on one side. Fold the dough over and pinch the edges or use a fork to seal. Put the empanadas onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with the egg.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Green Olives $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.