Greek Lemon Potatoes Recipe: This Potato Recipe Has a Surprising Ingredient by Donna John
Lemon and potatoes go together like peanut butter and jelly. It just works. But sometimes it's a surprising ingredient that takes a standard recipe and makes it shine. In the case of this Greek lemon potatoes recipe, that ingredient is yellow mustard. Yes, plain ol' yellow mustard.
Serve this easy roasted potato recipe with chicken, pork, lamb or beef. If you like this potato dish, try our baked feta potatoes recipe. What's your favorite potato recipe? (Tell us in the comments section below.)
Cuisine: Greek / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil (try Greek olive oil)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh chopped oregano, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic and oregano in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spread into an even layer.
- Add the water, cover and bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 1 hour. Uncover and continue to bake until all the liquid has evaporated and potatoes are lightly browned, about 20 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Greek Olive Oil $6 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.