Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings Recipe: The Easiest & Best Chicken & Dumplings Recipe Ever by Donna John
That grandma is me! My grandson loves this easy chicken and dumplings recipe – almost as much as my husband does. If you're craving comfort food fast, you can have a pot of chicken and dumplings on the table inexpensively, in less than an hour. Seriously! Nourishing comfort food at its finest.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 chicken
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into dumpling-sized squares
- chopped fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes (optional)
- black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Put the water, salt and the chicken in a large pot. Add the celery and onion and bring to a boil. Cook at a slow simmer until chicken is done, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, cool slightly and remove the meat. Add the meat back to the pot along with the can of cream of chicken soup.
- Bring to a boil and add the flour tortillas. Boil, covered, about 8 minutes. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste. For color, I add chopped parsley.
Photo: Tiffany Zook made this recipe, but only used 4 cups of water and cut her tortillas into strips, like noodles.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.