Lack of Sleep: 6 Surprising Things That Happen When You Don’t Get Enough Sleep (No. 3 Is Scary) by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
Most of us know lack of sleep is bad for our health, but it can be hard to unplug at night with enough time to recharge before the alarm goes off the next morning. If you're not getting enough shuteye, you may be suffering from these six nagging side effects:
- Moodiness: A short night can lead to a short fuse, so go to bed earlier to avoid unwanted irritability.
- Poor balance: Lack of sleep throws off cortisol production, and can lead to unsettling dizziness.
- Accidents: Missing out on just a couple hours of sleep doubles your risk for a car crash.
- Memory issues: Your brain sorts memories at night, and lack of sleep can lead to foggy recollection.
- Trouble concentrating: Successful multitasking is directly linked to a well-rested brain.
- Lack of creativity: Sleep deprivation zaps creative thinking skills, so if you want to think outside the box, get more rest.
Inadequate sleep can cause all sorts of problems that impact your quality of life. A little more sleep each night can make you more productive, safe and happy during the day!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.