How to Get More Sleep: Do These 5 Things to Get Better Sleep Tonight by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
Sleep can be elusive, and for many, getting the recommended seven hours each night seems downright impossible. If you’re falling short and paying the price, try these five strategies to reset your clock and rest a little easier.
- Give yourself a bedtime. Your body has a natural clock, so shoot to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
- Decompress. Most people attribute lack of sleep to stress. If you feel strung out, try coloring or mediation to help you put your worries to bed before you hit the sack.
- Unplug. Blue screens zap sleep, so log off, power down and recharge your battery while your device charges anywhere but in the bedroom.
- Nip the pillow talk. Lights out is not the time to talk about intense meetings, teacher conferences and tomorrow’s to-do list.
- Lull yourself to sleep. Tee up the ambient sound to take the final edge off and help you drift off.
Most of us need more sleep, but finding ways to get even a little more each night can be hard. Try these five steps to help you fall asleep a little easier. If you are still having trouble, meet with your provider to discuss other factors that may be robbing you of your beauty rest.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.