Back-to-School Health Checklist: 5 Things You Can Do to Start the Year Off Right by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Snapping back into the school routine can be tough. From new clothes and school supplies to summer assignments and forms, there’s a lot to keep track of this time of year, and your summer vibe may not jibe with your mounting to-do list.
Here’s a health cheat sheet to make this transition your best yet:
- Make sure all vaccinations are up-to-date. Most schools require vaccinations to attend, unless you qualify for an exemption.
- Start a file for current health history forms. Some school nurses and camps require a copy, so have one on hand to distribute as needed.
- Get a sports physical. Kids only need one a year to play, so cross it off the list early and file the paperwork with the school to avoid a last-minute scramble.
- Get eyes checked. Prescriptions change as kids grow, so get your kids checked to make sure they can still see the board and aren’t straining to read.
- Keep tabs on their teeth. In addition to bi-yearly cleaning, it may be time for your child to see an orthodontist, so make an appointment for a consultation.
Start the school year off right by doing some health housekeeping. These five things can make your family healthier – and your life a lot easier! To learn more, visit WeChooseNPs.org.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Medical Records Organizers $6 & Up
Back-to-School Healthy Snacks $3 & Up
Gifts for Teachers $5 & Up
Gifts for School Nurses $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.