Didn't Get Enough Sleep Last Night? 6 Tips to Feel More Energized Today by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
On any given day, one in three adults are sleep-deprived. We talk a lot about why sleep is important, but rarely do we address what to do if you don’t get enough of it. If you’re dwelling on the sleep you missed out on last night, do these six things:
- Hydrate. Drinking water can improve blood pressure and blood flow to the brain, making you feel more energized and less irritable.
- Eat breakfast. Eating first thing jumpstarts your metabolism and provides an energy boost.
- Stand up straight. Poor posture puts excess strain on your back and hips, which can make you feel tired and achy.
- Avoid junk food. Sugary, processed foods cause blood sugar to spike and then fall, zapping motivation. Eat healthy.
- Go easy on the caffeine. A cup or two of coffee can help you feel more alert, but too much can make you feel anxious and irritable.
- Get the blood flowing. Exercise stimulates energy production to make you feel more awake.
Don’t let your lack of sleep last night ruin your day today. Try these fatigue-busting tips to feel more energized and less irritable, even when you’re tired.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.